News:

--

Main Menu

Dividing video

Started by JACKDUP, December 18, 2023, 04:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JACKDUP

I was looking for an easy way to split or divide a video without re-encoding the video and someone on one of the forums suggested Avidemux. I am going through a bunch of videos from camcorders and would like to split the videos and title them on my hard drive so it is easier to find specific videos by date or topic. I downloaded and installed Avidemux however cannot find a way to divide or split the video. I can see how you can edit it and remove sections but not simply split the video so would appreciate if someone could provide instructions on splitting a video.
Thank you

eumagga0x2a

Load the source video, navigate to the keyframe where the second fragment should start, set the marker B, save (export) video. Reset markers, set marker A, navigate to the keyframe where the third fragment should start, set marker B, save (export) the second fragment. Rinse and repeat.

JACKDUP

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on December 18, 2023, 07:01:48 PMLoad the source video, navigate to the keyframe where the second fragment should start, set the marker B, save (export) video. Reset markers, set marker A, navigate to the keyframe where the third fragment should start, set marker B, save (export) the second fragment. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks very much