GUI disappears after brief second on start (Ventura)

Started by encorejane, January 17, 2024, 03:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

encorejane

Hi there. I've been using Avidemux without issue for a couple years. Today I upgraded my Mac to Ventura. And now, when I start Avidemux, the entire GUI in the window disappears after a brief second, and no matter what I do I cannot get it to appear. I've tried resizing the window in all possible ways, completely removing Avidemux and its stored prefs from my User/Library/Application Support/ folder, etc.

Strangely, if I click around in the empty-looking Avidemux window, the controls still respond (option dropdown lists appear, for instance, after clicking on them).

I've attached a short video clip demoing this problem. Any idea what's going on and possible resolutions? TIA.

eumagga0x2a

I can test only on Sonoma (arm64) or on Monterey (x86_64), neither locally built native nor official x86_64-only nightlies exhibit the issue there. Honestly, no idea what to do except of building Avidemux locally (which will give you a more recent Qt6 version) and hoping that such a build runs better.

encorejane

Appreciate the response. Can you help with one more thing? Where can I find instructions to build Avidemux for MacOS? 🙏🏽

eumagga0x2a

https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2

Please scroll down the linked repository page to read the README with build instructions.