News:

--

Main Menu

Audio

Started by Drakon66, February 23, 2024, 04:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon66

Hello There.

First question. Are the Devleoper going to make available to use m4a soundtrack in avidemux ? Generally m4a is a part of ACC container so I think it should work.

Second Q when I try to add new audio track then video play with only one or I switch to other. How to make two track merge. I want Original Sound e.g play first 15 sec then turn on new sound for 30 second and then turn of and switch to original. How to do this.

Third Q. Editor is able to append new video do orginal, so why I cannot add to original sountrack next. E.g I add to original video 15 second new video where is no sound but i want add to this part next sound without replacing original one.

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux supports only raw audio streams as external audio track or, in special case of AAC, AAC stream in ADTS envelope. The existing MP4 demuxer plugin cannot be used for that.

Regarding other questions, Avidemux doesn't try to become a poor audio editor, there are quite a few good ones. It is easy to add audio track first, then append.

Drakon66

but m4a is container of acc. Why dont you make world better and just make avavilable this option by using ffmpeg.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Drakon66 on April 01, 2024, 08:33:31 PMbut m4a is container of acc.

Not necessarily. m4a as filename extension is just a human-readable hint that this particular MP4 container lacks a video track. The audio track(s) may use any compatible codec.

Quote from: Drakon66 on April 01, 2024, 08:33:31 PMWhy dont you make world better and just make avavilable this option by using ffmpeg.

1) You are and any other user is free to use any tool she or he deems best.
2) Avidemux doesn't use ffmpeg (the command-line tool), it uses some of the libraries which are developed by the FFmpeg project. In particular, it doesn't use libavformat for demuxing (and these parts of libavformat are not compiled into the library). Avidemux own demuxer plugins including the MP4 demuxer do not support files without video track.

There are much more urgent and rewarding tasks like adding support for chapters and for subtitle tracks than saving a very minor inconvenience to use ffmpeg to extract an AAC audio track from an MP4 container.