News:

--

Main Menu

Edit frame by frame via script

Started by xblitz, February 29, 2024, 10:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xblitz

Hello

I try to use avidemux to edit some video files. I need to excract some frames at one point in the video and next repaste these frames at another point. I'm able to do this via GUI "do by hand" but I wish do this via script file. Can someone help me?

Another little question where I can find an updated version of all command usable in scripts?

Regards!

szlldm

Quote from: xblitz on February 29, 2024, 10:25:05 PMAnother little question where I can find an updated version of all command usable in scripts?

Tools menu / Scripting shell
enter help(), and follow the lead

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: xblitz on February 29, 2024, 10:25:05 PMI need to excract some frames at one point in the video and next repaste these frames at another point. I'm able to do this via GUI "do by hand" but I wish do this via script file.

Scripting doesn't (always) replay actions in GUI. In case of cut and paste operations, you need to calculate the matching segment layout resulting from such an action inside your script after having identified the exact PTS of pictures at cut points, clear segments, then add them according to the calculated layout.

xblitz

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on March 01, 2024, 10:42:29 PMyou need to calculate the matching segment layout resulting from such an action inside your script after having identified the exact PTS of pictures at cut points, clear segments, then add them according to the calculated layout.

Good hint! it sounds very useful to avoid me many headaches!

In these days i study the class prompted by shell and try to create a simple script.