News:

--

Main Menu

Removing Specific Video Frames

Started by SirSmilerIV, March 03, 2024, 04:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirSmilerIV

Hi, i am using Avidemux 2.8.2 and I am trying to edit a video.

My problem is simply the fact that every 12th frame in the video is pixilated, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to remove them all so that the video runs perfectly.  The video was filmed back in 1992 so the quality isn't brilliant, but it would look even better if I could remove the annoying pixilation.

If anyone can help me by coming up with a solution, I would be really happy.

Thank you

eumagga0x2a

Please provide some (real) information about the video (preferably the textual report by MediaInfo as an attachment to your reply) or, far better, if the content of the video is innocuous enough, a sample which would allow to assess the nature of the problem.

SirSmilerIV

A copy of the report by MediaInfo is attached to this reply, If someone can tell me the easiest way to include a sample I would be more than happy to post it  :) You cannot view this attachment.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you. So, it is MPEG-2 with closed GOP according to MediaInfo. Please provide a brief sample via WeTransfer (no email address required, despite the website trying to suggest otherwise), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive. In doubt, the file size of less than 1 GiB allows providing it as-is (WeTransfer has AFAIK file size limit of 2 GiB), but, I think, it might be sufficient to save just a few GOPs to MP4 (again) using Avidemux.

In general, the "natural" container for MPEG-2 with AC3 is MPEG-PS (or MPEG-TS). What application or hardware had created the file "Part 1b.mp4"?