News:

--

Main Menu

Rotation Video

Started by Drakon66, April 01, 2024, 06:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon66

Hello There is problem. When save rotated by 180 degree video plays in media player correct but when open avimeduz and start editing again it still is rotated by 180.. This is problem beacuse when i append other video it is rotated 180 degreee to this roated by 180. How fix it.

Geo_log

Quote from: Drakon66 on April 01, 2024, 06:46:21 PM..and start editing again it still is rotated..
1. Append all necessary files.
2. In the first button under "Video Output" choose Mpeg4 AVC
3. In the button "Filters" choose "Rotate", Angle:180 degrees
4. Save video.

eumagga0x2a

1. First re-encode the video which needs rotation metadata to be displayed correctly with "rotate" and other necessary filters applied, using preferably a lossless codec (if you have plenty of storage space) or x264 with "Mezzanine" preset, then...

2. ...append all videos in appropriate order, then...

3. ...re-encode the whole using codec and encoder you need.

Drakon66

"Geo_Log" and it work but I dont want to render/re-encode my video just work on my copies.

I use option in configure. The output is set correct but when i open it again by avimedux its again rotated. Why it is so much complicated

Geo_log

Quote from: Drakon66 on April 01, 2024, 06:46:21 PMWhen save rotated by 180 degree video plays in media player correct...
The Media player first reads the "Rotate video" flag in the container (MP4 in this case). But Avidemux always ignores this flag because it is an editor, not a pleer.

Quote from: Drakon66 on April 27, 2024, 08:43:52 PMI use option in configure. The output is set correct but when i open it again by avimedux its again rotated
No, if you save your video with flag = "Do not rotate" as in the attached image, Avidemux will open it non-rotated.

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux always displays video as coded. This is by design. Any transformation metadata like rotation or pixel aspect ratio are ignored. If you merge videos coded in different orientation, the result will be always broken. You absolutely must re-encode some of the videos to unify the orientation.

Drakon66

Thank you guys it explain me a lot.
So there is no chance for any upadte to add option rotate display video ?
Then I cound work by incremental creating video.
I am trainspotter and once time record video from left window of train and once time from right. And i try to create complete one with no re-encode. After re-encode video with less quality.
Or you can advise what to do to have result video with size = Vid1 + Vid2 [Megabajt].
Re-encode create result_size != Vid1 + Vid2