A way to prevent Avidemux window from resizing, when u drag & drop a video?

Started by Dolphine, August 29, 2024, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolphine

I use AviDemux on a 4K monitor. I've resized the window to the perfect size I like to use on my computer (running Win10) so that I can have other things visible in the background or around it. Every time however I drag and drop a video, whether its 1080p or 4K, the UI automatically resizes to something bigger. I then have to grab the corner and reduce the size. Is there a way I can "lock" the UI window so that dragging and dropping any video doesn't resize the entire program window? Thanks!

eumagga0x2a

There is no way to keep Avidemux window at a fixed size other than to maximize it. The logic is to display video always without any anamorphic transformations and at 100% zoom whenever possible, else to downscale it when the window would occupy more than 85% of available width or height. As current versions of both mainstream computing platforms finally support multiple workspaces (after this feature was exclusive for Linux desktop environments for decades), the logical solution IMHO would be to move Avidemux window to a different workspace where it doesn't interfere with the actual work.

There is no value in Avidemux window real estate not directly tied to video display, this is why I am not convinced that a change of zoom / window size behavior is needed.

However, the threshold of 85% was selected with medium-size FullHD-displays in mind. I'll recheck at some later point whether it should be lowered for large high-resolution displays.

sark

You can use an Autohotkey script to enable reinstating the position and size of a window from a single predefined shortcut keystroke. Not exactly what you are hoping for, but speeds up the process if your regularly having to reposition.