News:

--

Main Menu

Importing a mkv file generated an error

Started by B-boy_Style, October 21, 2024, 12:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-boy_Style

Hello,

I am using the latest beta build 2.8.2.240908 but when I am trying to import a video file to convert it to mp4 I am getting this error on startup:

Can you fix is in the next release please?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

eumagga0x2a

Could you please post the error ("Cannot init libopus" etc.) from admlog.txt (%localappdata%\avidemux\admlog.txt) at the line preceding the one with assert failure?

Thank you.

B-boy_Style

Here we go:

Btw, I am currently with GTX 1660 as my main RX 3070ti is on diagnostics (if that does matter).

You cannot view this attachment.

B-boy_Style

Btw, the video file despite it's playing without a problem in MPC-HC is probably corrupted because a lot of converters gave an error why trying to proceed it.

But I still decided to report it here just in case. I have some dmp files if needed.

Here is the link for the *.dmp files:
https://transfer.pcloud.com/download.html?code=5Zv7py5Z84eRDpaFlOBZGKVJZ5ilQrlsRhebWnd20PG3P1BXI97H7

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: B-boy_Style on October 21, 2024, 01:47:57 PMHere we go:

I am sorry for having assumed this to be self-explanatory, but I need admlog.txt from the session ending in the assert failure (from user's POV: a crash) from the failure to initialize OPUS decoder. Once Avidemux is started again, the log with relevant information gets overwritten and therefore the new log is useless.

Please launch Avidemux, try to load the MKV file in question, reproduce the crash, don't restart Avidemux yet, attach admlog.txt.

Thank you.

Quote from: B-boy_Style on October 21, 2024, 06:58:52 PMthe video file despite it's playing without a problem in MPC-HC is probably corrupted because a lot of converters gave an error why trying to proceed it.

We'll see. Could you please attach (not paste into the post body!) the textual analysis of the file by MediaInfo to your reply? Cannot use dumps, sorry for that.