SueEllen

Avidemux won't allow me to do:

VBV size : 1024

The max size seems to be : 500

So what do I do?

mean

SueEllen

Update:

Thank you very much to all the Avidemux developers.  FINALLY, I found something that works throughout the WHOLE video.

Last night I recorded a 1 hour HD .ts file and imported it into Avidemux 2.6 and chose the following settings:

* Loaded the HD ts file
* select Mpeg -PS as output format
* Click configure
* Select Free as muxing format
* Total muxrate : 30 000
* video muxrate : 25 000
* VBV size : 500

Result:  Version 2.6 plays the MPG IN SYNC (Avidemux 2.5 does not), and the 2.6 MPG result played properly throughout the entire 1 hour, on PC and it also worked streaming to the Xbox 360 and in SYNC ;)

So keep up the great work, this is awesome as not even VideoRedo would create a proper working MPG from my HD ts files, but Avidemux 2.6 does  ;D

I will do another test later today on a 2 hour movie and report back how it goes and plays.

Question: How can I get Avidemux to keep the settings above?  Everytime I load Avidemux I need to keep re-entering the settings which can be a pain and tedious work.

mean

Do it manually
Save a py project file (i.e. foo.py)
copy foo.py into settings/custom/py
edit foo.py and remove everything but
adm.setContainer(xxxxx)

start avidemux, you will have foobar in the custom/py menu that will apply your settings

SueEllen

I did as you suggested.

I saved py project file, foo.py
I created py folder in custom
I copied foo.py into settings/custom/py
I  remove everything except for adm.setContainer(xxxxx)

So the foo.py looks like this:

adm.setContainer("ffPS","muxingType=3","acceptNonCompliant=False","muxRatekBits=30000","videoRatekBits=25000","bufferSizekBytes=500")

But when I start avidemux, and select Custom/Tinypython and foo, nothing happens and the settings do not change.

What am I doing wrong?

mean

My bad, please add
adm=Avidemux()           
as the first line of foobar.py
It should look like this :

adm=Avidemux()           
adm.setContainer("ffPS","muxingType=3","acceptNonCompliant=False","muxRatekBits=30000","videoRatekBits=25000","bufferSizekBytes=500")               

SueEllen

Yes, that works perfect, cheers ;)

By the way, I recorded 2 more 1 hour HD ts files last night and ran them through Avidemux 2.6 and the end MPG WORKS PERFECTLY and in SYNC, even when streaming to Xbox 360.

In all honesty, I had spend weeks testing over 15 different programs to change my HD ts files into proper working MPG files and NOT A SINGLE program would successfully allow me to stream the MPG file to the Xbox 360 in sync...they were ALL OUT OF SYNC when streaming.

But Avidemux works great and IN SYNC!

You guys (The programmers and Developers) are geniuses. ;D

Keep up the great work.

BTW, I am using (r7194).  Should I keep using that, or is there a newer version I should be using? If so, what's the direct link for the Windows Vista 32bit version please?

Agent_007

I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

SueEllen

Which one do I choose?

There are 2 different files in /nightly/win32/

http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/win32/avidemux_r7210_devel_win32.7z

And

http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/win32/avidemux_r7210_win32.7z

Which one is the proper one I should download?

And one last question about Avidemux.

Some nights I have over 10 ts files to convert to MPG and I need to do every one, one by one and it gets hard work and tedious, and then I need to manually rename the output files to extension .mpg

Is there a batch mode where Avidemux 2.6 can do all the files automatically?

Cheers

Agent_007

avidemux_rxxxx_win32.7z is the one.

You can run scripts and batch processing via GUI or command-line.
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

SueEllen

How do I run scripts and batch via GUI?

What command in GUI do I need to tell Avidemux to convert all .ts files in all sub directories to MPG using:

Total muxrate : 30 000
video muxrate :25 000
VBV size : 500

mean

SueEllen

I do not understand that programming language or script, so don't worry about it.

I will just have to do every single individually, one per one, which is tedious and hard work, but I have to learn to live with it I guess.

mean

Put that file in settings/custom/py/
http://fixounet.free.fr/2.6/remux_ts_2_ps.py

edit  it to set the right :
* file extension : by default it is .mpg
* the folder where your files are

Run it, it will convert all the file foo.mpg to foo.mpg.conv.ps