HD .ts files won't convert to working MPG

Started by SueEllen, May 10, 2011, 10:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SueEllen

But my original files are .ts and I want the resulting files to be .mpg.

But you said the original files are .mpg and resulting files are "mpg.conv.ps", whatever that is.

So how do tell the script to change all .ts files into mpg?

mean

at the beginning of the file you have
ext="mpg"     
Change it to
ext="ts"
to take the .ts files

The name of the output file is the name of the input file + something
It is done here :
    fileout=filein+".converted.ps"
So if you want .mpg change it to
    fileout=filein+".mpg"

The file foobar.ts will become foobar.ts.mpg

myth

SueEllen

Quote from: mean on May 20, 2011, 07:03:59 AM
at the beginning of the file you have
ext="mpg"     
Change it to
ext="ts"
to take the .ts files

The name of the output file is the name of the input file + something
It is done here :
    fileout=filein+".converted.ps"
So if you want .mpg change it to
    fileout=filein+".mpg"

The file foobar.ts will become foobar.ts.mpg

Ok I did all that. 

I then load Avidemux and select "Custom/Tinypython" and remux_ts_2_ps from the menu, and it converts all the ts files into mpg :)  So thanks for that.

One last question.  After the mpg files are created, I am stuck with the original .ts file and another file that ends in .idx2.

Any possibility to get the script to delete and remove the .ts and .idx2 files?

SueEllen

Quote from: myth on May 20, 2011, 08:56:34 PM
Hi there, I also have problems with HD recordings!

I can open the files directly in Avidemux but encoding it to any format after 1st pass it crashes after filling up all RAM.

I just recorded an example file which I get from Kaffeine. Could you help me on how to edit it? I would convert it to an XviD or X264 file with reduced bitrate etc...

netload.in

Did you try running changing the settings to 30000, 25000 and 500 like I did?  After I did that, the HD ts files convert to MPG perfectly.

mean

@myth : please open a new thread, it is a separate issue

myth

Ok, new thread opened, help is appreciated here

SueEllen

Is there a way to get the script to delete and remove the .ts and .idx2 files after the mpg has been created?

Agent_007

AFAIK AVIdemux scripts cannot delete files.
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

xenome

Hey Guys,

I know this is a very old thread but you can imagine the pain that led me to reply to this thread seeking any help !!

It's the year 2013 now  :D and still very painful for people to deal with TS files !!
I have recorded a video using my satellite decoder Truman which resulted in .ts file (598 mb) .. I did everything possible to run this file on my computer running windows 8 (tried all sort of codecs, players ...etc) and eventually thought of converting it to any known format and then i was lost again in all kinds of forums and online threads , tried zillions of apps and all couldn't even open my file or recognize it !!!

Finally i saw ppl talking about avidemuxer and thought of giving it a go, using the 2.61 64 bit version (r8391) now whenever i open my .ts video the application stays at indexing (Not Responding) forever !!!! i can see a .idx2 file generated 97bytes not increasing there but the application is forever Not Responding

Any help, i am really frustrated   >:( :(

mean

a sample file would help (one that is causing issue)
You can also try a nightly, no recent change on TS though

Jan Gruuthuse

Make a 5 second recording and upload to a service like rapidshare.com (or similar) and provide a download link to it.

xenome

Hey mean and Jan,

Many thanks for the prompt reply. Here's a link to my rapidshare upload

https://rapidshare.com/files/3204009518/ALIDVRS2.zip

It's one min / 25mb ... hope this is not big or annoying .
** Tried to open this with avidemuxer and it said " Cannot find a demuxer for my file" followed by cannot open this file !!!  :(
Cheers

Jan Gruuthuse

your upload folder is not set to public:
Download not available
Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

You need to create a new folder with privelleges public you can't change a folder on your account.
- users allowed to see content
- users are allowed download from this folder.

ALIDVRS2.zip = that from a ferguson STB, Seen that before?

xenome

Oops my bad ... not familiar with rapidshare ... would you please try again and let me know !

Many thanks brother .. Your help on this is really appreciated  :)