Started by riji, September 14, 2016, 10:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riji

Update: with 2.6.13  (160908_897a70c5954) a long time bug is back:
I can't use hotkey CMD-V to paste a file name at "Select file to save"

riji

mean

riji

PASTE =  CTRL-V in Windows   =   CMD-V in macOS (OS X)
I can use "Paste" from the menu, but not hotkey  CMD-V.

Jan Gruuthuse

and what does it say for the short cut (in gray next to paste, linux it says Ctrl+V))

riji

Jan Gruuthuse

Possible to do with QT5?
On linux: QT5 shortcut not showing
The current solution was to check what appmenu-qt is installed and remove appmenu-qt5.

Dev(s) can you check up on this: have shortcuts working with appmenu-qt5?

riji

Thanks, too difficult for me, I'll wait for a fix.

eumagga0x2a

This sounds an awful lot like Qt bug 17291.

riji, does this issue persist with Avidemux 2.6.14? Avidemux 2.6.14 release for Mac was built with quite recent Qt 5.6.1 (I don't know which version was used when compiling 2.6.13). Do you use English for your environment on Mac, including keyboard layout? Some comments in the bug report suggest the issue to be restricted to non-en locales.

This bug is probably a pure Qt bug, unlike the Ubuntu-only issue with appmenu-qt5 which affected keyboard shortcuts within the application, not related to native modal dialogs like the file picker or to context menus for text input fields.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on September 24, 2016, 01:28:39 PM
riji, does this issue persist with Avidemux 2.6.14? Avidemux 2.6.14 release for Mac was built with quite recent Qt 5.6.1 (I don't know which version was used when compiling 2.6.13).

Please scratch that. Found the .dmg for 2.6.13 on SourceForge and looked into it: it uses the same Qt 5.6.1. So don't expect changes with respect to this particular issue.

Nevertheless, I strongly recommend to use 2.6.14 instead of earlier releases.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on September 24, 2016, 01:28:39 PM
This bug is probably a pure Qt bug, unlike the Ubuntu-only issue with appmenu-qt5 which affected keyboard shortcuts within the application, not related to native modal dialogs like the file picker or to context menus for text input fields.

Actually, this seems to be more complicated and Jan was very much on it asking for shortcuts shown in the Edit menu, because commenters in the bug report mention that on Mac an application has to provide standard menu items with standard shortcuts to make them work in the native QFileDialog with fixed Qt version! Unfortunately, riji misunderstood the request and attached a wrong screenshot.

As far as I understand, Avidemux uses a custom menu, and I have no idea which implications this may have in respect to QFileDialog.

riji, would you attach a screenshot of the Edit menu in Avidemux on Mac, please?

riji

I use version 2.6.13  (160821_4478db52b32).
The bug being not able to use shortcuts (CMD-V) with "Save file as" has been there for a very long time, but it was solved maybe some months ago and now it's back.
Attached is a screen capture of the Edit menu (OK).
It's when I want to save a file that the shortcuts disappear (see previous image).
I have update to version 2.6.14: problem persists.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: riji on September 24, 2016, 03:27:19 PM
The bug being not able to use shortcuts (CMD-V) with "Save file as" has been there for a very long time, but it was solved maybe some months ago and now it's back.

Is it feasible for you to identify the last Avidemux version where the keyboard shortcuts in the text input field of the file picker worked, please? While http://avidemux.org/nightly/osx_qt5/ hosts just a few most recent nightly builds, there is an archive of previous releases on SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/avidemux/files/avidemux/. However, older releases may be incompatible with the current Mac OS X version.

QuoteAttached is a screen capture of the Edit menu (OK).

Thanks, all shortcuts are present, though I don't know if it matters that the menu in Avidemux is custom built.

QuoteIt's when I want to save a file that the shortcuts disappear (see previous image).

I've got this, the thing is called file picker and is provided by the QFileDialog class.

QuoteI have update to version 2.6.14: problem persists.

As expected. Thanks.

riji

This version was OK, although I didn't have shortcuts in the menu available either, but CMD-V was working

Avidemux2.6_r2016_04_01_68a8f4989e6.dmg

eumagga0x2a

Thanks, do you know by chance if it was a Qt5 or a Qt4 build? One can find this info among others in Avidemux2.6.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/ (I don't know how to accomplish this on Mac, on Linux you just extract the .dmg with 7z and descend into the "Avidemux2" folder). If there is a "4" folder, it is Qt4, if "5" it is Qt5.