Feature request: crop filter with interpolation between several crop areas..?

Started by carsti, January 27, 2022, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carsti

Hi,

I love the new Crop Filter with 2.8.0. Especially the "lock aspect ratio" feature and the better usability.

What I would really like is a new feature where you could define several crop areas instead of only one for the whole video.

The filter would then slowly interpolate (move) between the positions of these crop areas.

I often want to crop out to show only a person in the video. Sometimes this person moves to a different position. I would like to define crop areas for different timestamps in the video which would allow me to "follow" that person.

eumagga0x2a

Except for smooth panning, unavailable whatsoever, you could use multiple partialized instances of the "zoom" filter to (sort of) track an object.

carsti

A pity. This would be such a huge addition to the crop filter. I doubt it would be a difficult task to interpolate the position of the crop are between two crop area positions.

carsti

Is the Crop-plugin just Python code which I could modify? Or could I use the scripting feature to fine-tine the Crop plugin?

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux and its plugins are mostly C++ under GPL, so everyone can modify the code as long as she or he provides the modified source under GPL as well when publishing generated binaries. You will find the source of the crop filter here, but the zoom filter by szlldm may be a better starting point.

You should use Linux or macOS as development platform in order to work on Avidemux comfortably. You need Linux to generate Avidemux builds for Windows (native build with Microsoft Visual Studio is also possible but complicated).