News:

--

Main Menu

how to import srt file in v2.6 ?

Started by moonwalker, December 08, 2012, 11:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonwalker

need a little help please .
i have  windows 7 pro 64bit, and i have been using avidmux 2.5 and 2.6 without any issues until now with 2.6 i want to import an Mp4 movie and a srt file so i can hardcode the subs to the movie and output it to an MKV file.. but i noticed when i select filters and go to subtitles there are no options at all to select . where in v 2.5 when u select subtitles a list of 4 types are listed , such as ass/ssa & srt & vob etc... there are none of these in the 2.6 version. am i missing something ?

if there is any other info you need , let me know please .

thanks.

Jan Gruuthuse

yes, there should be SSA. Most media players support now external .srt now (Samsung flatscreens, ...). A demo video clip (23 MB) with external .srt can be found here: https://rapidshare.com/files/3142302152/TimelapseSRTDemo.zip. Just use same name for video clip and external SubRip .srt file.

moonwalker

see where you have ssa/ass highlighted in yellow ,  well i have nother there in mine , i need that(ssa/ass) + (srt) in the list .   that video has nothing to do with my question , i think you misunderstood what i was asking .

thanks anyway ,

Jan Gruuthuse

Think you misunderstood my reply: most video players nowadays play video with external .srt files without being inserted in container or hard coded (burnt in video). The video demos video with external subtitle file. This plays as it is on several video players and showing subtitle on screen.
Try avidemux 2.6 from nightly for ass SSA support http://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/ (word correction played trick on me)

mean

The SSA filter was forgotten in the 2.6.0 release
Please pick a nightly

moonwalker

ok thanks , will try nightly . i need the srt file burnt in ,  all my players do play exernal srt files , but for this movie i have i want it burnt in , i dont like having ext srt files . its just a personal thing.

moonwalker

i just downloaded the link above of the nightly version , and thats the same , in the subtitle section there are still none available at all.

Jan Gruuthuse

If you used 64-bit, try with a 32-bit version. If none of those has SSA, there is another link you could try: http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/. Could be these are slightly build differently. Still provided by the developers.

mean

Just tried with the windows / 32 bits version (nightly)
SSA filter is there

moonwalker

Quote from: mean on December 10, 2012, 08:02:27 AM
Just tried with the windows / 32 bits version (nightly)
SSA filter is there

i tried 32bit , still not there on mine for some reason , i will look at the above post and try that one .

moonwalker

i finnally got it from the link  -->  razorbyte.  its the only version that would work for me with ass/ssa subs , but the subtitles come out with massive shadows , like 2- 4 time more shadowing then normal .

i guess it will have to do , 

thanks all you guys .

Jan Gruuthuse

Sorry for the late reply. Had to do some research and testing on SSA. This format has plenty of possibilities when edited/imported and add/change a profile. I use a program Aegisub to add profile to change behavior in avidemux 2.6 of SSA subtitles. See attachment sample subtitle .ass to run with subtitle SSA filter.
Also uploaded small desktop recording SSAdemo showing result: ssademo 28 MB download

Nik

could someone please hint me to the correct way to get subtitles?
everything is in place I think but I still don't see the subtitles
(also tried replacing the xml2-2.dll)