Video rendering assistance please.

Started by Gandalf, May 20, 2013, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

I an currently using Avidemux 2.5.4, and I have been encountering a somewhat puzzling situation when trying to change the video resolution from 854x384 pixels to 720x324 pixels,, but the puzzling thing is this - the video output is displayed correctly in the preview window, but NOT in the output video (the height of the video stays the same). How do I go about correcting that?

mean

you probably let the video codec to copy, so the video is left untouched

Gandalf

If that were the case I wouldn't have been able to get to the filters portion in order to change the resolution in the first place.

Jan Gruuthuse

If there is an issue with it? Use avidemux 2.5.6, the issue isn't there:

Gandalf

I'm sorry, but I made a typing error when I said what version of Avideomux I was using. It is actualy 2.5.6, NOT 2.5.4 as I said originally, but the following thre4e pictures will illustrate what the problem is that I have encountered. The first picture shows the original video file output (854x384 pixels via UMPlayer), the second picture shows that the preview pane in Avidemux (notice that is is displayed correctly at this point), and the third picture shows the output of the re-saved sample video file (720x404 via UMPlayer).

Jan Gruuthuse

When using mpg-2 format you need to specify in codec configuration that you are using 16:9 instead of 4:3 aspect ratio.

Gandalf

Jan Gruuthuse

Probably in the filter? Do it in Video: Configure!
Conversion 854x384 to 720x324: 20 MB download each:
set Aspect ratio  4:3: http://rapidshare.com/files/2652665948/720x324-43.mpg
set Aspect ratio 16:9: http://rapidshare.com/files/1218403296/720x324-169.mpg

Gandalf

And the end result was exactly the same (it shows up correctly in the preview window, but NOT in the saved .mpg file). I should point out that the 'resize' filters don't remember the ratio selections (they always revert back to 1:1).

Jan Gruuthuse

What are you doing?
Clearly it should work. Shown with the created videos 720x324-43.mpg and 720x324-169 uploaded to rapidshare.
Showing on Left 16:9 on Right 4:3 playing in VLC
click on image:

QuoteI should point out that the 'resize' filters don't remember the ratio selections
Told you to set aspect ratio in
- Video: Configure, not in Filter
- you need to specify in codec configuration that you are using 16:9 instead of 4:3 aspect ratio
had even screen shot posted.

How would you explain the 2 videos difference if the end result is not saved?

Gandalf

Perhaps the attached 'log file' of sorts will be of help, as well as the two attached pictures. The first shows Avidemux in "pause" mode, and the second shows it in "playback" mode (the video file in question bring used, by the way, has a .flv extension).

Jan Gruuthuse

x264 is not installed on your system? Or avidemux has not been build with it?
http://www.videolan.org/developers/x264.html
H264 content = handle with 2.6 branch.
Select in Preferences other video display, see if that works.
Avidemux is not a video player.

You always change the subject or what is happening: I give up dealing with your issues.

Gandalf

I'm sorry I my method of trying to help resolve this issue seems a bit confusing, but believe it or not, the problem that I have been having with Avidemux is just as frustrating for me, but please keep in mind that I never claimed to be an expert with Linux (I used the term " "playback"mode" only for lac of a better way to describe what to call it when I click on the "play" button on the bottom of the screen), and I was not deliberately trying to change the subject.