News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux with 1080x1920 video

Started by JP, July 08, 2013, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP

I'm running avidemux on Linux with 1080x1920 video and the video window is too large.  My monitor is only 1080x1920.  Can I reduce the size of this window?

Jan Gruuthuse

Try numeric keypad: [3], [2] or [1]

JP

I tried 3, 2, and 1 on the numeric keypad.  As far as I can tell, nothing changed.  What was supposed to happen?

Jan Gruuthuse

Avidemux video canvas should zoom in/out.

JP

The video canvas size, and the size of the avidemux window didn't change.  The size of the avidemux window is larger than my screen.  However, I should note that I'm also having problems displaying any video: the canvas window is always green when I try to play anything.

Jan Gruuthuse

try avidemux 2.6.4 QT instead of GTK version.1 2 3 4 should change size of displayed video, not while playing: avidemux is not a videoplayer.

mit

Type View >Zoom 1:2 or 1:4
Try with Shift+Ctrl+2 or Shift+Ctrl+4 first, but probably will not work!
Green screen mean the file codec is not supported.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: mit on July 10, 2013, 02:40:41 PM
Green screen mean the file codec is not supported.
Or combination of codec and video card driver is not supported/found.

JP

QuoteGreen screen mean the file codec is not supported.

Okay.  However, I can play both the raw AVI file or the MPEG1 file with mpalyer and ffmpeg.  So, since those programs can find the codec, and I assume avidemux looks in the same place for the codecs, that means, .... actually I don't know what that means.

Also, I know that avidemux isn't a video player.  I want to use it to do simple edits (get rid of commercials).  I've only been trying to 'play' a file while I debug this, but that's only to debug the problems.  I don't intend to play files in avidemux if I get it working correctly on my system.

I plan on trying the avidemux 2.64 version later.

Jan Gruuthuse

avidemux is partly using internal stuff.
On 2.5 video card setting should be under Main Menu: Tools: Preferences: [Video] Video display: select something else here. Close avidemux and restart and see if it works.
What linux are your running, version, 32/64-bit?