(xvid4) but avidemux convert to divx ,not xvid? version 2.6.5

Started by Domin, September 16, 2013, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domin

like in Subject ,why is this like that? in older version is normal ,xvid is xvid but in older version a i have very slov convertation.
Sry for my english

AQUAR

Don't worry about this.
The xvid encoder is simply writing the fourcc code in the .avi file as "divx".
A fourcc code of xvid or divx provides the same information about how to decode the video stream.
Generally the fourcc code of divx is the more recognizable by standalone media players.

Domin

ok but in the world of tv series is  x264 (avc,aac) x264720p(avc-ac3/aac) and this what i want to do with new avidemux xvid (xvid,mp3,avi) nut AD making (divx 4,mp3,avi) :(

and its normall to convert file   who have 55 minutes with 2 pass video almost 50 minutes on computer 4x2.33ghz4 gb ram win 8 ,i think maybe 35 minutes will be good but 50 ? i think its to slow

AQUAR

Not sure what you are trying to explain.
I think you just need to select the output option that you are interested in.

Avidemux accepts various compressed media files (video + audio inside a container like mkv, mp4 or avi).
To create a new media file, you select an encoder, a container and various options that relate to the quality of the recode.

If you want an output compliant to MPEG-4 part 10,  then choose the MPEG-4 AVC encoder and put it into an mp4 container.
If you want an output compliant to MPEG-4 part 2,  then choose the MPEG-4 ASP encoder and put it into an AVI container.
Basically - XVID and DIVX are just different codec products that can read and write an MPEG-4 part 2 raw video stream.

XVID and DIVX codecs just have a different options and optimisations, and the xvid4 encoder in avidemux 2.6.5 doesn't have many options at all.

How long the encoding takes depends on lots of variables such as PC capability and  the target quality of the encode.
A 55 minute video taking 50 minutes to recode is doing more than 25 frames per second, and that is quite okay.

Domin

Yes with 2 pass 25-30 frames per second but in one pass i have 45-50 frames per second so why in 2 pass is not 50 frames per second?

AQUAR

Probably because your quality settings differ between the 1 pass and 2 pass options.
And 2 pass takes more time because well "it takes 2 passes".

Domin

i convert   file the same from 720p mkv i do it (avi divx mp3 640x352)

and in 1 pass conversion i have 45-50 and with this same settings in 2 pass conversion i have 25-30 frames per second

AQUAR

Are the file sizes the same?
Smaller file size = more compression = slower

Domin

Domin

Version 2.5.6 is convert very good but 2x slow then 2.6.5 and must ask why?