News:

--

Main Menu

Converting audio to MP2

Started by MrBerta, January 03, 2014, 12:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBerta

I'm trying to convert a video for playing on a digital foto frame, which only supports some formats. I've found out that both the video and audio plays well if the video is in Mpeg version 2 and the audio in Mpeg version 1, layer 2, so I'd like to convert my other videos to this format. To do this I tried with setting video output to "Mpeg2 (ff)", audio output to "MP2 (lav)" and the output format to "Mpeg-PS Muxer (ff)".

This gives me the following error message:
QuoteAudio

Cannot setup audio encoder, make sure your stream is compatible with audio encoder (number of channels, bitrate, format)

I've tried with just copying the audio, which works on my computer but not on the photo frame. So, what should I do to convert my audio to MP2? The video I'm trying to convert is from a DVD and the audio is in AC-3. I've read this http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:dvd_to_avi link about ripping the dvd and that you should get just one big, nice .VOB file. I haven't done the ripping, but only gotten a bunch of .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files in a folder. Do I have to do anything else before converting with avidemux?

I'm new to this whole video converting thing, so if anything is unclear please let me know!

mean

Might be a profile issue.
For exemple, if you select the DVD profile in the mpeg PS container, it will only allow some frequency/channel pairs (i.e. mp2 / Stereo / 48khz)
So either resample the audio to 48 khz using the resample function, or enable the "allow non standard" check box

The same applies for other profiles

MrBerta

So, I tried both of your suggestion but I still got the same error message. I solved my problem though, as I found this program MediaInfo and could check what other working files used. Mpeg 4 ASP (xvid4), MP3 (lame) and AVI Muxer created a file that worked. Yaaay! :)

Thanks for the help anyway!

menseken

Quote from: mean on January 03, 2014, 12:25:44 PM[ââ,¬Â¦] For example, if you select the DVD profile in the mpeg PS container, it will only allow some frequency/channel pairs (i.e. mp2 / Stereo / 48khz)
So either resample the audio to 48 khz using the resample function, or enable the "allow non standard" check box [ââ,¬Â¦]
I more or less have the same problem.
As MrBerta reports a mere resampling to 48k plus "non standard" does not solve that.

Interesting: up to 2.6.3 converting Mpeg-PS with mp2 works fine - but you get no sound while editing (makes cutting hard).
                  from 2.6.4 on sound is okay (using "coreAudio" in prefs) but I get the same error as MrBerta ââ,¬Â¦

mean

mean