How to cut DVB-S2 recording in TS format?

Started by M-Reimer, July 31, 2016, 03:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-Reimer

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on August 04, 2016, 06:18:36 PM
Did you try to cut the stream the other (not yours ;)) way?

Yes (see my edit to my last post).

I can do a clean cut if the first position (A-Mark) is not the start of the stream. I have to go to the video start, move one I-Frame to the right and set an A-Mark there. If I do so, the error is gone.

M-Reimer

If I just open the "test.ts" file, I've uploaded, and only set a "B-mark", then I can save this to disc. So I can directly cut something from the end.

If I cut something from the start, first (Set B-mark and hit "Del") and then set a B-Mark somewhere near the end to save from the new start to this B-mark, then I get the error.

If I cut something from within the video, then I get ugly artefacts as soon as this position is reached. Maybe something wrong at this cut-position, too?

eumagga0x2a

I'm sorry, I didn't notice your edit prior to answering.

Well, it is as good as it gets for now :)

Quote from: M-Reimer on August 04, 2016, 06:33:41 PMIf I cut something from within the video, then I get ugly artefacts as soon as this position is reached. Maybe something wrong at this cut-position, too?

Do you cut at I-frames only? You could test if reverting https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/commit/a1806d3a332c44def79e28a25b411104a13b19a9 has any effect.

Jan Gruuthuse

1)@M-Reimer
Upon loading the video into avidemux this passes along in the terminal window:
" [seektoTime]  Cannot decode up to intra 0 at 40 ms
  [switchToSegment]  Cannot seek to beginning of segment 0 at  40 ms
"
Do notice the time bottom left hand corner! see screenshot.

At the begin I nver set marker [A ] when I need to cut Lead-in of video.
Goto end of leadin video and only mark [ B] (end segment)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2)@mean & @eumagga0x2a
Wow this is weird, the procedure now seems to work only with mp4v2. Is really not working, saves only 191.9 kB file.
No longer works with mp4 nor with .ts muxer
Seems I'm stretching the use of Ubuntu 14.04.5 amd64 to much (mesa - vdpau issues)
checking if the issue is there on 16.04.1 or not: issue exists on 16.04.1 too.

Jan Gruuthuse

same issue on 16.04.1
both tested with: 6cd247a    [i18n] Sort language + remove bad russian i18n entry (eumagga0x2a)
I think, QT5 build is not showing build Info:

As for now, I have no clue why this is happening, you would say the video file is degraded somehow? Downloaded new, and they're the same.

Jan Gruuthuse

@mean & @eumagga0x2a
Did a rebuild with commit: a1806d3    [editor] Try to not drop bframes that will be used later as reference
can not edit and save with ts-muxer? Don't understand what is going on, for now.

mean

mean

Jan Gruuthuse

Yes, working again as before with muxer: ts, mp4, mp4v2

M-Reimer

Works for me, too. Still a bit artefacts at the cut position, but much better and now files are saved without error.

Is there any chance to get the subtitles in the resulting file? If my source is "TS" and the target is "TS", then it shouldn't be a too big deal, right?