News:

--

Main Menu

A few Queue problems/bugs

Started by Bearbear, October 04, 2019, 12:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

Your source file is a mp4, so the reason for the PTS reconstruction prompt appearing, aimed at AVI where PTS are missing by design, is likely not missing PTS but wrong (out of order) PTS. The admlog.txt from loading the source mp4 would have clarified the actual reason. Yes, the PTS are out of order, so the reconstruction is triggered.

As long as keyframe PTS are present and correct, saving may indeed succeed as you describe, but this is more of an edge case, IMHO.

I'm not inclined to make it easier for users to shoot their own feet as with different setup and PTS broken in a different way and copy mode instead of re-encoding the output would be broken too. In silent mode (this is what Jobs GUI with CLI Avidemux is doing), the only safe option is to get correct PTS for the whole video.

However, the tools to reconstruct PTS should be improved, so that it doesn't take significantly more time than just indexing a MKV. This is on my todo list.

Bearbear

Thanks for looking into it, I guess I'll just have to manually save the problematic files rather than using the Queue.