News:

--

Main Menu

Dark theme, click while playing, translation

Started by moonlight, April 01, 2022, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlight

Hi there! This is my first post here.
I have been using Avidemux for some time now. It's a quite useful tool.
My questions for the moment are:

* Is there an estimate date to implemente a dark theme for Avidemux, or is it already implemented and I just need to enable somewhere? My eyes are no longer the same and things with white/light background annoy me. I usually launch Windows Magnifier and use CTRL+ALT+I or AltGr+I to invert colors. I could enable High Contrast from W10/11 but things will get washed away. A dark theme would be a must-wanted thing.

* Is there an estimate date for implemente a click while playing instead of a click-drag? I mean... Avidemux is playing normally and I need to click at any point of the seek bar and Avidemux playing from that point. Avidemux playing a video and drag the notch to a new position is a bit awkward.

* I can perhaps help translate Avidemux to portuguese of Portugal. It was/is a thing that is still want to do but I didn't yet gone to look. I don't particulary like things translated to brazillian because it looks broken. I either switch to English or to my native language. Anyways, it is something I perhaps plan to do... I'm just busy now editing+save videos from a tv stream.

Other things I just remembered is I would like to know if there is an option to hide "error messages" that appear when we try to go further than the end of the video or before the start of the video. It would just stick at beginning or end instead of showing a message.

Thanks

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: moonlight on April 01, 2022, 10:23:46 AM* Is there an estimate date to implemente a dark theme for Avidemux, or is it already implemented and I just need to enable somewhere?

Yes, about minus three months from now. As always, using latest nightly builds instead of rapidly aging releases (and reporting regressions when they occur) benefits both users and developers.

Quote from: moonlight on April 01, 2022, 10:23:46 AM* Is there an estimate date for implemente a click while playing instead of a click-drag? I mean... Avidemux is playing normally and I need to click at any point of the seek bar and Avidemux playing from that point. Avidemux playing a video and drag the notch to a new position is a bit awkward.

Grabbing a moving target may indeed pose a challenge. Unsure about the need for such a change, but will explore it. No time estimate for that though.

Quote from: moonlight on April 01, 2022, 10:23:46 AMOther things I just remembered is I would like to know if there is an option to hide "error messages" that appear when we try to go further than the end of the video or before the start of the video. It would just stick at beginning or end instead of showing a message.

I've blocked the first attempt of such a change because it is difficult to reliably tell annoying error messages from trying to go before the first or past the last keyframe very close to the end of the video from necessary feedback when something less usual is going on (decoding errors, wrong frames marked as keyframes, huge distance between keyframes, broken timing in the video etc.). I don't think getting stuck alone is a good experience. I don't imply the current implementation is good either. This topic remains on the todo list.

oryxbritish

A simplification of the messages that are presented on the screen would be a significant step in the right direction. The overall quality of the user experience will improve as a result.

Mira23

So it's still quite a bit of a problem while in use. But personally, I still love using Avidemux, it's very convenient

sark

I see Avidemux as an encoding tool that does much more. Because it is capable of so much more there is a tendency to compare it unwisely with other fully fledged editors.
Also, in my experience there is not a video app out there that users are fully satisfied with. Every forum where these programs are discussed has an endless user wish list, or assumed issue list.