News:

--

Main Menu

How to fix -wmv to mp4 conversion jerky 2

Started by avilon, April 12, 2022, 04:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avilon

Sorry for double thread.
When trying to reply on forum topic Re: How to fix -wmv to mp4 conversion jerky there is an error:

"CleanTalk: *** 1 Antispam service cleantalk.org ***"

Attached is admlog.txt which content seems quite cryptic for non dedicated one.
Purpose was just to reencode huge wmv file into smaller mp4 using x265 codec.

Copy from my initial message:
Source is: Video, ID2, Windows Media video 9 (WMV3), resolution 1280x736, display resolution 1280x720, Frame rate 29.970179, Decoded format Planar 4:2:0 YUV
Target x265 and mp3.

Probably source is also a little bit jerky but still viewable with vlc player without complaints.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you. First of all, you use an old unsupported version of Avidemux, please update to the latest 2.8.1 nightly, even if it most likely won't solve this particular problem. Regarding the problem itself, it looks like presentation timestamps in the video were wrong which results in frames being dropped.

Could you eventually provide the source file as sample via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive, if the content is innocuous enough? The file size of ~1.6 GiB is within limits of these services.

avilon

It's an 10 yrs old private clip converted from camera to wmv.
Unfortunately I can't upload this.
Is there any tools to troubleshoot such timestamps errors?

Thanks

eumagga0x2a

I've pushed a tentative workaround for the problematic file. You should try a future nightly and report back whether it helps. If a proper fix is possible, it will go into the ASF demuxer rather than into the editor, but I cannot even evaluate this without a sample video.