higher audio bitrate than 384 kbs?

Started by mudvayne34, November 06, 2010, 08:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudvayne34

searched for a solution on here but didn't find it.

I use avidemux to encode video using the following settings:

video = xvid
audio = ac3 640 at 5.1
container = avi

the audio dropdown always maxes out at 384 kb/s even when im using a source that has DTS sound. is there a restriction on this or is there a setting I am missing? I would like to use 640 kb/s. If it is currently not supported, are there plans to add it? 

great app, use it regularly! Thanks for any help :)

mudvayne34

still no answer after over 6 months? can anyone help with this?

Pantamorph

I sometimes use ogg vorbis for these things, if you set the quality to 10,00 then you'll get a 500kbps bitrate :)
Alternatively, you may just set the audio function to Copy

9mm

I've been asking myself the same, and I found that you can do it via the command line, for example like this (for converting the audio only, while keeping the video as it is):

avidemux2.exe --load \input.mov --audio-process --audio-codec AC3 --audio-bitrate 640 --output-format MATROSKA --save output.mkv --quit

check http://avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:command_line_usage for more switches.

mudvayne34

That's something at least, but I have an easier way to do that outside of Avidemux. What I really want is for the GUI to add the option to encode to 640 kb/s. It's there up to 384, and if it can do it via command line, I don't see why that can't be added. Hopefully it does in an upcoming version. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been waiting for over a year for that feature.

abominocerous

What would it take to get 640 kbs in the pulldown? 

eumagga0x2a

This is fixed in the upcoming release.