News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux2.7.9-dev version (old thread)

Started by butterw, February 17, 2021, 10:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

signy13

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on March 28, 2021, 02:47:59 PMThe old behaviour, the default behaviour of QSpinBox, is called keyboard tracking and I actually dislike it very much as I prefer to fill in the values without the application starting to interpret them prematurally (I feel pressured). However, I do acknowledge that disabling keyboard tracking, contrary to swsResize filter, is not mandatory here and can be reverted without breaking functionality.
Thank you for your info - as you can see I am just an user without any knowledge of programming (except SQL and a tiny bit of bash or Python scripting).
And thank you very much for enabling the keyboard tracking :-)

eumagga0x2a

There is a misunderstanding, I pointed to the location which disabled keyboard tracking (so that you can instantly change it to your liking). I haven't re-enabled keyboard tracking here in the git master. I'll re-evaluate it later.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Who on March 28, 2021, 03:17:13 PMAnd for some filters, such as blacken borders, it is actually helpful to be able to see the area to be blackened change as you enter or change the numbers.

Except that this makes it impossible to input odd digits (e.g. you cannot input 72 starting with 7, you would need to input 2 first, than move the cursor, then input 7).

The alternative could be to allow odd values in input, but to correct them behind user's back later. The filter supports only even values for border with.

Who

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on March 28, 2021, 03:45:39 PM
Quote from: Who on March 28, 2021, 03:17:13 PMAnd for some filters, such as blacken borders, it is actually helpful to be able to see the area to be blackened change as you enter or change the numbers.

Except that this makes it impossible to input odd digits (e.g. you cannot input 72 starting with 7, you would need to input 2 first, than move the cursor, then input 7).

The alternative could be to allow odd values in input, but to correct them behind user's back later. The filter supports only even values for border with.
Ah, okay, never even thought about that.

signy13

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on March 28, 2021, 03:33:26 PMThere is a misunderstanding, I pointed to the location which disabled keyboard tracking (so that you can instantly change it to your liking). I haven't re-enabled keyboard tracking here in the git master. I'll re-evaluate it later.
Thank you for your notice, I changed the source code on my computer, recompiled and it works like a charm. My world is a bit nicer place to live again :-)

budda

I tried setting 1 core etc, using reg tweak - not helping. Latest avidemux still loads 97-100% cpu, 2.7.5 with same presets 40-50.
Also indexing of large .m2ts file- last build 1200 frames per sec and my hhd works wery loud, version 2.7.5 2900 fps per sec and i dont hear hdd (while windows and programs stored on sdd films on hdd). Sure last builds reads good audio data in large files.

Who

Quote from: szlldm on March 28, 2021, 02:53:10 AM
QuoteI immediately found a situation where it doesn't work well. The problem occurs when there is a black border that is immediately adjacent to the bottom of the logo, or if the logo overlaps the black border.  In that case you get a trapezoidal shaped black space inside the logo area.  The only way to avoid it that I could find was to crop the border out BEFORE using the Delogo filter, then it only drew in color from the rest of the frame.

Basically it works so, that "it eats away" the mask (white blob) by filling the boundary with neighbouring colors. If the area is immediately next to a black border, then it will fill with black color. If the mask  reach the edge of the image (like after you cropped), then it will "eat away" from the known boundaries.

Let me ask this - if you can make it "eat away" from only certain boundaries if the edge of the image is present, would there be any way to do that even if it's not at the actual edge of the image?  What I am beginning to see is that there are going to be times when something I want to get rid of is up against a black border that cannot be cropped out.  In most cases the black will be below the part to be blurred out.

I wonder if maybe you could maybe have checkboxes that say

"Don't fill from:  ☐ Top    ☐ Bottom    ☐ Left    ☐ Right"

and if any of those are selected, it would treat it as if an edge of the image were there, and fill only from the other (unchecked) directions.

szlldm

QuoteI wonder if maybe you could maybe have checkboxes that say

"Don't fill from:  ☐ Top    ☐ Bottom    ☐ Left    ☐ Right"

and if any of those are selected, it would treat it as if an edge of the image were there, and fill only from the other (unchecked) directions.

It expects arbitrary shaped masks, so "top/bottom/left/right" does not makes much sense.
The only way would be through the mask, for example gray pixels would be threated same as image edges.
I will investigate it.

butterw

It's now possible to enable/disable filters in the filter chain.
- Add the Dummy filter if you want to preview with all filters disabled.
!!! disabled state is not included in saved project script.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: butterw on April 26, 2021, 04:41:33 PM!!! disabled state is not included in saved project script.

I bet it should not. The ability to disable filters somewhat fills the gap from the lack of two important things: filter preset management and undo/redo for the filter chain.

butterw

Saving a project with disabled filters, they are enabled when you reload the project.
This will cause issues.
Adding an "enabled" default true property to filters would be the clean way to handle this.

eumagga0x2a

It is a stop-gap measure, not a design to be entrenched by more stop-gap measures.

butterw

filter preset management ? It's easy to clear Filters and load a filter chain with a custom configuration from a script.

eumagga0x2a

Disabled active filters are actually empty shells for filter configuration. The purpose is to keep a particular filter configuration easily accessible for reuse, i.e. it is "pin current config to a preset list" functionality as offered by many applications, e.g. by The GIMP.

The other missing block is undo/redo, i.e. removing a filter from the list of active filters should not be an irreversibly destructive operation.

butterw

Having an enable/disable for filters achieves that. The feature just needs to be supported in project files.