News:

--

Main Menu

Bug: Toolbar doesn't stick

Started by seriousgigi, February 08, 2022, 08:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seriousgigi

hi i mistakenly moved toolbar and tried to stick it back but it doesnt stick to anywhere. disabling and re-enabling from view menu is not working as well.
i dont know what you call this (sticking).

eumagga0x2a

Either restore the default widget configuration from the "View" menu or resize the window making it higher (the toolbar needs unclaimed vertical space to be dockable) and drop the toolbar to its original position manually.

seriousgigi

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on February 08, 2022, 08:42:40 PMEither restore the default widget configuration from the "View" menu or resize the window making it higher (the toolbar needs unclaimed vertical space to be dockable) and drop the toolbar to its original position manually.

:) i did 2nd one. but it is completely random because i was trying that without a video opened thus the windows size was small then tried after a video loaded (which makes avidemux windows bigger) and it worked.
yeah "docking" was the correct word for it.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: seriousgigi on February 08, 2022, 09:16:10 PM
Quote from: eumagga0x2a on February 08, 2022, 08:42:40 PMEither restore the default widget configuration from the "View" menu or resize the window making it higher (the toolbar needs unclaimed vertical space to be dockable) and drop the toolbar to its original position manually.

:) i did 2nd one.

May I ask, why? "Restore defaults" achieves the desired result instantly without fiddling around, no matter video loaded or not. Actually, the way Qt behaves when re-docking the toolbar was the reason this menu action was added in the first place.